You deserve the confidence that comes with having a Spectacular Smile!
If you are thinking about orthodontic treatment, having braces doesn't necessarily require highly noticeable metal brackets and wires anymore. With ceramic, clear braces, you'll have a lot to smile about, even before your braces are removed!
In fact, with new technology, many of today's braces are made of translucent ceramic materials that match natural tooth color to provide patients with an attractive, less noticeable alternative to traditional metal braces.
By incorporating the strength and function of traditional braces, ceramic braces can give you the same orthodontic results as with metal braces. Ceramic braces are a less noticeable alternative to traditional metal braces and provide patients with an equally effective treatment.
What is the difference between Ceramic braces and Clear aligners?
Ceramic, clear braces work in the same manner as traditional metal braces except that they blend in with your natural tooth color!
Clear aligners are different from clear braces. Clear aligners are pieces of hard plastic that are designed to fit into your mouth like a mouthguard. Clear aligners are great for patients requiring minor orthodontic treatment.
What are the advantages to Ceramic braces?
- Appearance: Ceramic braces are much less noticeable than traditional metal braces. Complicated cases that cannot be treated with clear aligners, can now be treated with this esthetic option.
- Stain resistant: new ceramic materials resist staining, so you can eat and drink all your favorite foods and beverages without worrying about discoloration.
- Effective treatment: Ceramic braces follow the same mechanics as traditional braces and are bonded ("glued") to your teeth so that they are working towards your new smile 24 hours a day!
- Safety: ceramic braces are the alternative appliances for patients who have a sensitivity or allegy to Nickel
- Confidence: Many patients who choose ceramic braces feel more confident about their orthodontic treatment, especially knowing that people are focusing on their smiles rather than on their braces.
Are Ceramic braces or Clear aligners the right choice for me?
By talking to Dr. Van Westen, you can decide if clear aligners or ceramic braces are the right treatment for you. Dr. Van Westen will provide answers to your questions and extra information explaining the benefits of each treatment.
If you would like to learn more about clear braces, ceramic braces, and all of the options available to you, please contact our practice and schedule an appointment today.